FiscalityONE Case Study – Smithpack Ltd
- For three decades Smithpack have been designing, manufacturing and supplying a bespoke and comprehensive packaging service to the requirements of British industry.
- Smithpack have invested millions in manufacturing in order to complement an already comprehensive range of corrugated conversion machinery.
- With high quality post-print flexo, large rotary and flat-bed die-cutting, Gluing and Stitching machinery, Smithpack benefit from an extensive and efficient manufacturing capability across a wide range of packaging designs.
Smithpack had recently completed a management buyout and were seeking a business system that would enable the company to grow and fulfil its expansion ambitions following the successful acquisition of new cutting-edge machinery.
Touch-Screen Interfaces and Low Powered Hardware
- As part of the development work for Smithpack, we decided to go ahead with a complete re-design of all warehouse, manufacturing and logistics user interfaces and converted them into colourful touch-screen interfaces, requiring only a touch-screen monitor and a small number-pad keyboard to operate them.
- We extensively optimised our software to perform brilliantly even on low-powered, to ensure that the installation of multiple new workstations were economical and could be extended deep into the factory and warehouse environments.
- The barcode scanner download software was completely re-built to allow for generic Bluetooth RS232 and Bluetooth Keyboard scanners.
- The tabbed grid user interfaces were also completely re-designed to allow for high-resolution retina style displays.
- Fiscality:One was installed onto touch-screen workstations within the factory and warehouse, and we trained the employees how to use the software.
- All incoming raw-materials and merchanted stock were labelled upon receipt.
- The existing stock in the warehouse was progressively labelled, with various label definitions created for both smaller and larger stock items.
- A bespoke Customer Shipment document (delivery note) was created
- Automated Customer Shipment documents were generated by Fiscality:One.
- Customer Shipments were automatically matched to outstanding Customer Requirements.
- A bespoke Supplier Purchase Order document was created
- Purchase orders created for each of the finished product’s components.
- A bespoke Production Order document was designed for use in the factory
- The bill-of-materials (components)
- Machine resources and routing
- Supplier and Purchase information
- Printing information – colours and specifications
Benefits and Conclusion
- Smithpack were able to update their systems and implement a solid IT foundation on which to grow their business well into the future.
- By automating several business processes, the systems become much more scale-able and easier to manage.
- Smithpack have a much greater ability to extend Fiscality:One’s functionality through bespoke development.
- Data export issues are now a thing of the past.
- Smithpack were able to automate several factory and warehouse processes.
- The location of stock and accurate stock balances, enabled more efficient operation of the business as a whole, and greater customer satisfaction.
Fiscality:One is a new bread of ERP system with incredible flexibility & is adaptable to almost any environment. Eschewing the traditional route of our clients having to hire and rely on mind-blowingly expensive third-party consultants to perform the implementation, Fiscality:One is only ever directly implemented by us, so our client’s get the best implementation by the people who wrote the system, it’s a win-win proposition.